GUS ON THE ISSUES
Rebuilding our Economy
Inflation is at its highest level in more than 40 years and is estimated to cost each American household an extra $5,200 on basic goods and services in 2022. Reckless government spending fuels inflation. There is a direct correlation between the jump in inflation and passage of the highly partisan COVID package, the American Rescue Plan, in March of 2021. Democrats continued on their spending spree, with passage of a massive infrastructure bill that funded very little traditional infrastructure projects and two huge spending packages that funded radical, liberal policies.
While this record high inflation is ravaging the economy, Democrats’ only solution is to spend more money and to try to deflect blame. President Biden has tried blaming COVID and the Russian War, but the truth is that inflation has risen each month he has been in office. Also, there is a recent analysis showing that the US has been impacted more severely by inflation than other countries. The American people are not buying these excuses and will hold the President and Democrats responsible for the crisis they have created.
What Bilirakis Has Done
- Voted against the American Rescue Plan
- Voted against the Bipartisan Infrastructure package
- Voted against both FY Appropriations Packages
- Spoken on House Floor, local and national news programs and authored editorials urging his colleagues to rein in spending
- Co-sponsored a Balanced Budget Amendment requirement that would force Congress to live within its means